If you have received court papers in the post from us it means, we have been trying to contact you to resolve an unpaid debt for some time and have exhausted all other options. Luckily, even if you have received court papers, it is not too late and there are still things that we can do.

First of all, what is a County Court Judgement?

If you have received a County Court Judgement (or CCJ) this means that a claim has been lodged against you and the courts have found in PayItMonthly’s favour. A CCJ will remain on your credit file for 6 years and may make it significantly harder to obtain credit in the future. A CCJ may also have an impact on whether an employer would consider you for a job or a landlord would consider you as a tenant.

Your account may also incur additional fees due to any charges received from the county courts.

Can I avoid a CCJ if action has already begun? Yes!

If you have received court papers you may still be able to avoid a CCJ. If you can pay the full remaining balance within 3 months of the date on the court forms then no CCJ will be requested against you, even if you can’t pay straight away be sure to contact us quickly after receiving the forms as if we don’t know of your intention to pay, we may request the CCJ against you.

If you cannot afford to pay within the 3 months but you are wanting to pay over a longer period of time that will be fine. We will request what is called a CCJ by Admission while you will still receive a CCJ it being by admission will have less of an impact on your credit score as we will advise the courts of your intentions to pay and by how much.

If the CCJ has already been obtained against you and you can pay off the full balance within 30 days, you can apply to the courts to have the CCJ removed from your credit file once you have paid the balance off.

If a CCJ has already been obtained and you cannot afford to pay within 30 days then it is still vital you contact us. Once the CCJ has been fully paid off it will be marked as paid and satisfied on your credit file and your credit rating will start to improve.

What will happen if I don’t pay my outstanding CCJ?

If a CCJ has been obtained against you and you do not contact us to arrange payment or to discuss the account then we may need to look to further enforcement action such as an Attachment of Earnings where payments would be deducted straight from the pay you receive from your employers or High Court Enforcement whereby High Court Enforcement Officers may attend your property to seize goods in order to recover the balance. We would prefer to avoid this in all instances so it is important you contact us as soon as you are aware of a CCJ even if you are not able to pay immediately.

PayItMonthly remain open to working out an affordable payment arrangement with our customers at any point. If you currently have an outstanding CCJ please contact us as a matter of priority, we are here to help.